Monday, November 14, 2022

The Latin cogito, ergo sum, usually translated into English as "I think, therefore I am"我思故我在1637 Discourse on the Method, "I do, therefore I exist"





Rene Descartes ''I''m thinking, therefore I exist"


1637 Discourse on the Method, 或可作為法語教本。
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito,_ergo_sum

René Descartes





The Latin cogito, ergo sum, usually translated into English as "I think, therefore I am",[a] is the "first principle" of René Descartes's philosophy. He originally published it in French as je pense, donc je suis in his 1637 Discourse on the Method, so as to reach a wider audience than Latin would have allowed.[1]


John Macmurray[edit]

The Scottish philosopher John Macmurray rejects the cogito outright in order to place action at the center of a philosophical system he entitles the Form of the Personal. "We must reject this, both as standpoint and as method. If this be philosophy, then philosophy is a bubble floating in an atmosphere of unreality."[61] The reliance on thought creates an irreconcilable dualism between thought and action in which the unity of experience is lost, thus dissolving the integrity of our selves, and destroying any connection with reality. In order to formulate a more adequate cogito, Macmurray proposes the substitution of "I do" for "I think," ultimately leading to a belief in God as an agent to whom all persons stand in relation.



唐山書店/唐山出版社──在唐山書店/唐山出版社
  西洋近代哲學之父 #笛卡兒 的「我思故我在」早已成為舉世傳誦的名言。就憑他這句話,人類便結束了西方歷時一千多年的中世哲學,而開闢另一新紀元。笛卡兒是第一個以科學方法向「有」的「真實性」挑戰的思想家。他不但說出「有」也說出「有」的「真」來,至今人們還秉持著他的名言在追求真理。他在哲學上影響了幾個世紀人類的歷史,給現代的思想帶來了新的衝擊、新的精神及新的動力。
  本書由輔仁大學錢博士所編譯,有第一流的中文解說。如要了解笛卡兒的一生以及他如何震撼了現代人的心靈,如何把理性的血液注入人類文明的洪流中,本書是不可不看的。
作者:笛卡兒著
出版社:#志文
出版日期:1990/01/15
語言:繁體中文
定價:190元
ISBN:9789575450724
可能是 1 人、書籍和顯示的文字是「 76 新潮文庫 COGITOERGS COGITO ERGO SUM 我思故我在 我在 笛卡兒的一生及其思想 方法導論 近代哲學之父 笛卡兒 著 錢志純 編」的圖像
2


No comments:

Post a Comment