Monday, September 25, 2023

新潮文庫作者 F. Scott Fitzgerald

 🎂 Happy birthday to F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940), American short-story writer and novelist famous for his depictions of the "Jazz Age" (the 1920s), his most brilliant novel being The Great Gatsby (1925). During his lifetime, he published four novels, four story collections, and 164 short stories. 👇


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."


"The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly."


"Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy."


"I don't want to repeat my innocence. I want the pleasure of losing it again."


"I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life."


***


Photo: Penguin Classics & HarperCollins


#writer 

#OnThisDay 

#storytelling 

#famousbirthdays 

#writingcommunity

No comments:

Post a Comment